History

“American Flagpole was originally founded in the late 1940’s in New York. ”

The parent company of HAPCO Pole Products, Dyson Kissner Moran (DKM), purchased American Flagpole in 1975. An industry pioneer in innovative aluminum pole manufacturing, the Engineering and Manufacturing expertise possessed by Hapco was a natural fit for round tapered aluminum flagpoles, and operations were moved from New York into the current Abingdon, VA Hapco facility later that year.

American Flagpole engineers immediately began to improve the quality of the flagpoles by integrating them into the HAPCO manufacturing system. Today, American Flagpole “Quality Control” is inherent to the entire manufacturing process, ensuring every flagpole meets or exceeds current National Association of Architectural Metal Manufactures (NAAMM) standards and specifications.

Throughout the years, American Flagpole and HAPCO have undergone several renovations and expansions with our most recent occurring in 2008. Our campus now comprises over 275,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing, distribution, and administrative capacity, combining the most advanced, state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies with exceptional engineering and design.

history-01-580x388